The Firelands Soccer Referee Association was formed in 1961 as a not for profit enterprise to provide referee services to the North East Ohio region primarily west of Cleveland. The Association supports community, travel, premier, club, high school and regional tournament soccer play, as well as providing referees for indoor, futsol and modified small sided games. Our referee Association encourages children beginning at the age of 14, to acquire their certification and begin refereeing in their local soccer community.
The formal name of the organization is the Firelands Soccer Referee Association Inc. (FSRA Inc.) Its purpose includes but is not limited to:
- Promote, encourage and maintain ethical standards by all members of the Association.
- Strive for the highest caliber of soccer officiating by the members of the Association through uniform interpretation and administration of the official rules/laws of soccer.
- Conduct regular education programs and training sessions for its members and prospective members.
- Provide for improvement observations and assessments for its members.
- Abide by the policies of area Local, State and National organization governing the game of soccer.
- Behave in a responsible and respective manner for players, coaches and spectators.
Membership in the Association is open to anyone who is interested in being a soccer official and has been certified by any state and/or national organization governing the game of soccer. Members must maintain their membership in good standing with the Association.
FSRA is governed by an Executive Board and Trustees, who are elected by the members and consists of six elected officers of the Association, along with three Trustees elected by the membership, to serve in the following positions:
Corporation Trustees (3)
FSRA believes a strong membership helps support the association and provide the following:
- Referee education sessions
- Mentoring program
- Upgrade opportunities
- Special events
- Assessment opportunities
- High School classes
- Tournament learning/observation